Friday, July 10, 2009

The New Job

I have wee ones in my charge. One very important wee one for whom I would lay down my life and billions and billions of much, much smaller, dispensable ones.

On February 23 of this year, my wife and I welcomed a beautiful baby girl into this world. It went something along the lines of "THERE IS SO MUCH FRICKING PRESSURE!!!" from Heidi, and "Woah!...hmmm...uhhh...baby!!" from me. Hannah weighed in at 6 lbs 10.7 oz, with probably 1 lb of that consisting of a beautiful head of hair. Yes, Heidi did have heartburn, and no, I don't think that really makes a difference. Which brings me to explain my second charge of wee ones (and frequent skepticism).

By day I watch Hannah, and by night I am a microbiologist. A real live scientist! Or a real life scientist. Or both. I work with Streptomyces, bacteria that make most of the clinically useful antibiotics. My beloved wife works from 8-1, and then we switch, and I work from 2-late. Whoever is not working is watching Hannah. Because that's not work. HAHA. Ha. hmm. Maybe you didn't realize this blog would be so funny?

At any rate, she is the cutest baby. It's objectively true. Verified by everyone who has seen her. Exemplified, perhaps, by her Zoolander impression.
I am not sure if that is Le Tigre, or if she is already taking a shot at Magnum; I asked, and Hannah thought it was obvious enough to not dignify my ignorance with a response. Hannah wanted to go for a softer light with this next shot, something she calls "Darth Ducky".
All good things in moderation; that should be enough cute for one day.

0 comments:

Ever notice this on xkcd or on billboards? We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves. The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus. This is not the algorithm. This is close.
Turns out that it was an advertising campaign by askjeeves. I wonder if it would work for a blog.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP