Friday, July 17, 2009

The sound of laughter

Hannah doesn't laugh frequently, she saves them up and then lets them all out at once. So far she finds the dogs especially amusing. One of her first fits of giggles was when my sister-in-law's boyfriend (of somewhat Bunyonesque proportions) picked up her (also large) puppy. Big man handling little dog in the air must have been very funny because it set her off. I'm pretty regular size, but our 80lb dogs are half my size, and they just don't go in the air like that. I tried. It was uncomfortable for everyone.


Anyway, we have trained both of our dogs to catch food, but due to their insanity when it comes to foodstuffs, we haven't done too much of that around our little one. Last night we had Hannah in her swing, and Heidi threw an almond to Levin (our chocolate lab). She loved it! Longest baby giggling I have ever seen. Must be the quick opening and snapping of Levin's mouth as he catches. She laughed for about 10 minutes, and Levin had a feast of almonds. We don't have a real video camera, but I caught some of it with our digital camera. I played the video for Hannah several times today and she loves hearing the laughter. Sometime later I'll probably go through youtube and see if she enjoys other babies laughing too. Would love to know if anybody else's child enjoys this.


Last night was also the first time that we tried rice cereal with Hannah. I am not quite sure what she thought about that, but I'll do another post about it later with pictures.

0 comments:

Ever notice this on xkcd or on billboards? We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves. The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus. This is not the algorithm. This is close.
Turns out that it was an advertising campaign by askjeeves. I wonder if it would work for a blog.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP